What book for provincial coins?

Heb je hulp nodig omdat je iets niet voor elkaar krijgt op het forum? Plaats hier een bericht en leg uit wat er niet lukt.
jkv20000 Wales
Lid
Lid

What book for provincial coins?

Bericht door jkv20000 »

I own the silver Benelux and a copy of de nederlandse munten van 1795 tot heden
What is the recommended reading for the provincial / Batavian period? I see a lot of copper come up and it’s worth knowing some more about it
Many thanks
Jacob
sjors-sjors Nederland
Superlid
Superlid

Re: What book for provincial coins?

Bericht door sjors-sjors »

Hello Jacob,

The bible in this area is CNM. Catalog of the Dutch Coins (minted since the arrival of Philip II until the end of the Batavian Republic (1555-1806)). https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/catalogus-v ... 001044139/

The problem is that this book has been out of print for some time and even second hand it is hard to find. The authors have plans for a new expanded edition. But this has been talked about for years.

Since I'm curious myself, I'll try to send an email to the authors on this subject.
sjors-sjors Nederland
Superlid
Superlid

Bericht door sjors-sjors »

With regard to copper coins, you could also use www.duiten.nl. It is in Dutch, but with Google Translate you will probably be able to retrieve the necessary information.
Anomander_Rake Ukraine
Senior lid
Senior lid

Bericht door Anomander_Rake »

sjors-sjors schreef: 22 aug 2022, 23:25
Since I'm curious myself, I'll try to send an email to the authors on this subject.
Hé Sjors,
Would you be so kind to let me/us know what the authors say, if they reply to your information request?
Just like a lot of people I would love to own the updated version of that Holy book. Would be cool if they could share a release date or at least that they're working on an updated version.
Take care,
Adriaan
Leestip: Achtervolgd door de staatsmaffia, geschreven door Bill Browder.
jkv20000 Wales
Lid
Lid

Bericht door jkv20000 »

sjors-sjors schreef: 22 aug 2022, 23:25 Hello Jacob,

The bible in this area is CNM. Catalog of the Dutch Coins (minted since the arrival of Philip II until the end of the Batavian Republic (1555-1806)). https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/catalogus-v ... 001044139/

The problem is that this book has been out of print for some time and even second hand it is hard to find. The authors have plans for a new expanded edition. But this has been talked about for years.

Ah yes I searched for this book for quite a while online and couldn’t find it, I will keep an eye out for it!

Terug naar “Hulp”